pt

parcialmente nublado
14°
parcialmente nublado
vento NW 15 nós
humidade 58%

Império dos Nobres

Also known as Chapel of Acknowledgement and Charity, this chapel was built in times of distress, as the island’s population was dealing with the volcanic eruption of 1672, which took place between the parishes of Praia do Norte and Capelo. A perpetual commitment was then established: the population committed to organizing a religious act on a yearly basis, one that would include a procession, a mass and the distribution of alms, assisted and financed by the municipal authority.