pt

pouco nublado
16°
pouco nublado
vento NW 17 nós
humidade 59%

Conceição Church

The first temple in honor of Our Lady of Conception had been built during the first years of settlement.

It had been destroyed by the English corsairs commanded by the Earl of Essex in 1957, who sacked and set fire to all the churches on the island. The date engraved in the current façade, with art deco elements, testifies for successive destruction and reconstruction processes, motivated whether by natural or unnatural causes.